Hot Artichoke Dip - Two Ways

A hot artichoke dip worthy of a party.


A Party Worthy Dip.

Let's time travel. Nine years ago, at this very time of the year (lit by Christmas sparkle, pre New Year's resolutions), I wasn't sure I had another recipe in me. Never mind a party recipe. 2010 was about to turn into a pumpkin and roll backward into the past- with my blessing. I truly thought I was done. Spent. Empty as a pocket, to quote a certain singer-songwriter.

So much for assumptions.

Turns out my fevered brain wasn't done with 2010. It spun off in party mode as soon as I heard that my oldest son was officially engaged. He popped the question with true romantic flare. On a wine train. In the rain. In Napa Valley. And she said yes. The ring fit. People on the train applauded. It doesn't get much better than this. To witness your son's heart. Blooming.

And so. Here we are, years later. Another year closes. I brew a mug of ginger tea and reflect upon the deepest joys of motherhood, turning their myriad facets toward the window light above the kitchen sink stacked with breakfast plates, cups, and spoons. Learning to love with open arms and a tender opinion, unconditional. This floats to the top of all other joys. The thick cream of it. A layered, rich reward.

To love a son (and I am blessed with two, now both happily married and cooking their own Christmas breakfasts), well, it expands your heart beyond measure.

To see a son in love, and inspire love, is the most beautiful working of magic. 

Don't you think?


Love + Magic To You and Yours This Holiday Season,

Karina xox


READ MORE: GET THE RECIPE »

from ❦ Family Fresh Meals ❦ https://ift.tt/38CugK4
via IFTTT

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel